Friday, November 11, 2011

Christmas Bling

Admittedly, I was a little late in sharing the waxed leaves for many of you.  Therefore, today I am giving you a little Christmas craft, in plenty of time for you to try it before Christmas is upon us!

I found this on the Internet and have become a bit obsessed with making them.  They are quick and easy providing instant gratification.

Here we go!

You need clear, glass ornaments.  These are readily available at Micheal's or Joann Fabrics and run about $2.49 for six of them (on sale).

Remove the cap from the top  of the ornament and pour in a fair amount of floor wax. Yes, I said floor wax!

Carefully swirl the floor wax inside the ornament being sure to cover the entire inside with the wax.



Next, pour out the remaining wax.  Next, invert the ornament onto the bottle of wax or a cup and let the excess drain out.  I usually allow it to drain for about 1 minute.

Next, pour in some glitter (I used Martha Stewart's glitter.  She has fabulous colors).  Be generous with the glitter.

Using a paper towel over the open top, give the ornament a good shake making sure the glitter adheres to the entire interior of the ornament.



I pour the excess glitter into a paper cup and then back into the glitter container.

Wow!  Isn't that pretty? 

Now just add some bows to the top and you're all set!





This is a small sampling of what I've made.  I'm not sure I should tell you but I've done about 5 dozen of them. 

They would be beautiful on the Christmas tree or piled up in a glass vase or bowl.  You should see them twinkle in candlelight! 

I hope you enjoy these!

32 comments:

Judy said...

Those are so pretty and look so simple to make. I like that.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing this Jill! I sure will make some! Glo

Samantha said...

GORGEOUS! Can't wait to make some!

Debbie said...

large glass bowl, center of the table surrounded by candles....it would be gorgeous!!

ornaments make great gifts and everyone loves something homemade!!

you rock!!!!!!!!!

Paula said...

Beautiful and so simple. Nice of you to share this.

Lynne said...

Thank you for ONE MORE IDEA!
If I get all these ideas created I will "be" no more . . . my oh my, there are so many creative ideas and tips available to us in blogland!

Anonymous said...

STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your talent never ceases to amaze me!!!

(((((jill)))))

Chatty Crone said...

NOW THIS IS EXCELLENT - and I am going to try it. THANKS. sandie

TexWisGirl said...

very cute and clever - and i'd imagine, messy! :) or it would be in my house, at least!

Anonymous said...

Wow - these turned out nice! I may have to try making a few!

EG CameraGirl said...

Very pretty and instant gratification is a strong selling point. I'm sold. :)

Donna said...

OHWOW!! Can't wait to do some! Hope I can find some of those!!
Happy weekend!
hughugs

Julie Marie said...

Hi Jill... oooh, those are gorgeous!!! I have some of those ornaments I bought on clearance last year after Christmas at MIchaels... I am going to try that!... thanks for sharing... xoxo Julie Marie

Sharon said...

Those are really cool, and you can go all one color or whatever combo you want, a delightful idea! I don't think 5 dozen is too many ;-)

My Mind's Eye said...

Well I'll be that is just about the craftiest thing I've ever seen!!
Thank you!!
Yours are beautiful
Hugs Madi and Mom

Blessed Serendipity said...

Those are beautiful Jill! I would never imagine that floor wax was involved. Hope you are enjoying your day.

xo,
Danielle

Dianna said...

How beautiful...and simple. Thanks for sharing!

Buttons Thoughts said...

They are very pretty. My you are very crafty. B

At Home in English Valley said...

Dear Jill, You are a kindred spirit for sure. The ornaments are so pretty, and I have a whole set of Martha's glitters I never even opened...until now. Thanks for the inspiration and for visiting and following my blog, thanks to our mutual friend, Lynne! Penny

Jackie said...

Wow, Jill I will for sure have to give this a try, they are beautiful. Thanks you for sharing your talents.

Sonya @ Under the Desert Sky said...

Wow! How clever and beautiful! Livie and I love the sparkles!!

Rebecca Nelson said...

EEK! This is a fabulous idea! Absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Thanks for sharing with us! Your talent is amazing!

xoRebecca

GypsyFarmGirl said...

Wow!!! Love the sparkly ornaments and they look so easy to make! Im not sure how I'm going to decorate this year, but I just might have to make these!

Tammy said...

That does look like fun!

Thanks for the idea :)

Saun said...

Thanks for sharing I'm going to try to make this with my students. We put up the tree today at school. The kids eyes lit up with excitement hope that's a good thing and not a distraction. :)

Donna said...

OK Jill,

I'm going to have to try this you way. I've tried it with the glue water mixture and ended up with a gloppy globby mess with streaks! I try the floor polish!

Thanks, and blessings,
Donna

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

They look wonderful Jill! Very clever.

Nancy said...

These are beautiful, Jill. Love the bows/ribbon you've used too. :)

bekahjane said...

gorgeous!

Michaele said...

At last! Glitter ornaments that don't loose their glitter. Ingenious!

Jen said...

So Pretty. We've done swirl a balls through the years: http://jennifer-yates.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-ornaments.html

Kayla said...

Ooooh....I love it. I had somehow missed this post and my mom told me to go take a look! So cool and so easy....and cheap! Love it!